|Land Size||69 Hectares|
|Building Size||250 m2|
Corymbia Farm in North-West Tasmania - water, water, water, climate
The Phone enquiry code for this property is – 0174
CSIRO climate scientists are moving to North West Tasmania in preparation for hotter and drier times looking for water security and benign, future-proof climate. This will be the last region in Australia to have a real winter (see “The Climate Interviews”, The Monthly, March 2020, p25).
Located in picturesque North-West Tasmania, Corymbia Farm is a piece of paradise in an area of superb natural beauty. With its temperate climate, 65-hectares of fertile volcanic soil, reliable water supply from permanent springs and good perennial pastures, this property would suit many uses.
Close to airline and ferry links – Wynyard is only 10km by a well maintained sealed road and has an airport that connects directly to Melbourne. Ideal for agritourism (glamping), a brewery and paddock-to-plate restaurant, cooking school, an equine venture in popular horse riding country with with many long forest trails easily accessible from the farm , a boutique dairy for sheep and goat milk, truffles, nut orchards, private forest for speciality hardwoods. Ideally suited to organic horticulture.
Close to airline and ferry links – Wynyard is only 10km by a well-maintained, sealed road and has an airport that connects directly to Melbourne (REX) or 1 hour to Devonport (Qantas).
Here is video of the farm (you might need to copy and paste):
It was made a few years ago by a very appreciative guest in the cottage and there have been many improvements made since then.
Here is an interactive map depicting Australia’s environmental health and showing that the NW of Tasmania is far better than most of Australia: https://theconversation.com/a-major-scorecard-gives-the-health-of-australias-environment-less-than-1-out-of-10-133444
– Reliable spring-fed water source feeds a large dam stocked with trout, licensed to draw 43 megalitres per year and gravity-fed to all paddocks with troughs
– Quality land plus 1000mm of rainfall a year – suitable for livestock, tree crops (avocado, truffles, walnuts) & horticulture
– Convenient tourism access to expanding regional food and beverage experiences (ferry terminal at Devonport, airport at Wynyard & Devonport)
– Close to the natural wonders of The Tarkine, Cradle Mountain and Boat Harbour beach, voted one of the top ten beaches in Australia (Trip advisor)
– Modern, comfortable 3-bedroom farmhouse with 2 lock-up garages
– Separate modern, self-contained 1-bedroom cottage with spa bath, modern kitchen with large gas/electric stove, licensed for B&B, AIRBNB
– Bush Hut with fireplace and running water, for mediation/retreat in the forest
– Enclosed, weather-proof outdoor entertainment area, fire pit, pergola
– Established decorative garden with fruit trees, deciduous trees and many flowering shrubs and bulbs, organic vegetable garden and carob orchard, chicken coop and more
– New fences around pastured areas; one-third of the property remains pristine rainforest with giant tree ferns and mature tree species, perennial running water courses
– Solid cattle yards and animal sheds with easy access
– Riparian areas fenced off with many bushfood species and local native revegetation, including native peppers (commercial enterprise)
– Mains powered pump from spring fed dam to 40,000 litre hilltop tank
– 3 large lockable sheds – total of over 400sqm with 4-5-metre ceilings, mezzanine and fireplace in one, well placed for mass indoor entertainment
– Superbly maintained wallaby-proof perimeter fencing, new internal fencing
– Close to prosperous town of Wynyard (10 minutes on a sealed road)
– Close to pristine beaches along the coast from Boat Harbour (20 minutes) through Wynyard to historic Stanley and beyond
– New 15km bike trail to be built along the seaside, Wynyard to Devonport
SaleByHomeOwner.com.au is an Australia-wide ‘For Sale By Owner’ service. While every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, we cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective purchasers are requested to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.
Balcony/Patio/Terrace • Bath • BBQ • Broadband • Built-ins • Close to Parklands • Close to Schools • Close to Shops • Close to Transport • Courtyard • Deck • Dishwasher • Entertainment Area • Fireplace(s) • Formal Lounge • Fully Fenced • Garden • Garden Shed • Gas Enabled • Heating • Inside Spa • Internal Laundry • Level Lawn • Living Area • Modern Bathroom • Modern Kitchen • Nature Property • Near Waterfront • Pet Friendly • Quiet Location • Rainwater Tank • Remote Garage • Renovated • Renovated Bathroom • Renovated Kitchen • Resort Property • Retirement Property • Safe • Secure Parking • Security Lights • Security Windows • Separate Dining Room • Solar Panels • Study • Views • Workshop •