|Price||From $899,000 - under contract|
|Land Size||2756 m2|
- Name: Nana Howard
- Home Number: (08) 9840 8079
- Contact Number: 0414792931
Offers from $899,000 - under contract
[The phone enquiry code for this property is – 3022.]
[HOME OPENS 4 days: Sun 21, Sun 28 Nov and Sat 4/Sun 5 December from 10am-2pm each day – to coincide with garage sale. ]
Tired of the suburbs? Come to this beautiful, sprawling home in the Hills on a large block, and relax.
This furnished/unfurnished home with eco potential offers abundant space for the whole family, with 5 living areas and 5 bedrooms (4 double + one single), nestled on a generous bush block with fully reticulated native gardens.
Teenagers or grandparents will love the internal self-contained living area (granny-flat) with two large downstairs bedrooms, and separate kitchen & bathroom.
The benchtops in both kitchens have been newly renovated with sumptuous jarrah. A large new stovetop has just been installed. Two pantries provide loads of room for storage.
Energy efficient, the home boasts 8 solar panels and a new solar hot water system, with large hot water tank (to fill the claw-foot bath in the newly renovated upstairs bathroom!)
Darlington is a safe family suburb, but nearly $20,000 worth of outstanding security screens have just been added, so you can leave the doors open day and night, drenching the house with beautiful Hills air. Alarm system installed also.
The ground floor has 5 separate entrances, so you can come and go all hours, without disturbing the peace. Just be careful not to let the tame bandicoots in. 🙂
The master bedroom upstairs boasts a leafy outlook into the treetops, with ensuite shower.
Three of the five bedrooms have built-in robes with mirrored doors which extend from the floor to the high ceilings.
The expansive, glassed-doored study with its own pot-belly stove, built-in desks & custom made bookshelves, has space for the whole family, and was used for home-schooling.
Massive windows throughout, and skylights, bathe the house with light during the day, and the beautiful brass light fittings illuminate the place like a fairyland at night.
The wide, solid wooden floorboards throughout are sustainably sourced from old growth Victorian forests, burnt out by the bushfires.
Heaps of room is available for veggie gardens, if you would like to become self-sufficient, and the Biomax recycles greywater to minimise your watering costs.
The expansive roof could catch abundant rainwater if you wanted a rainwater tank.
The property was once the site of the local well, and may still feed a bore. All that you need to become self sufficient is here.
The shed behind the carport is powered and lockable.
Set in a leafy, quiet cul de sac, road traffic is minimal.
The property is capable of yielding a weekly income of $1125 – $1250 per week, if rented by the room, as the owners have been very selectively doing.
This spacious retreat is a rare find; ideal for anyone seeking a gracious living space in the Hills.
– Larger-than-average block size.
– Granny-flat (with separate kitchen and bathroom, and shared laundry).
– Massive games/gym room opening out onto the pool decking and under cover entertainment area.
– Pool and outside decking/entertaining area.
– Glass walled informal dining room looking onto the pool and open plan kitchen.
– Fully reticulated native gardens filled with abundant birdlife.
– Formal and informal living rooms (3 in total).
– Formal and informal dining rooms (3 in total).
– 2 kitchens (small in granny flat, large in house)
– 2 ½ bathrooms: master bedroom with ensuite.
– Alarm system, plus state-of-the-art security screens.
– Built-in, mirrored wardrobes in four bedrooms.
– High ceilings.
– Paved courtyard at rear of house.
– Powered shed.
– Solar panels plus and solar hot water.
– Plenty of room for veggie gardens, and large roof space to feed a future rainwater tank.
– Biomax greywater system.
– Potential bore (site of old village well).
– Sturdy double brick construction with tile roof.
– Hills lifestyle, minutes from the charming Darlington Village.
– Nearly 7000 acres of National Park just down the road, pumping the pure air with oxygen.
– Beautiful Darlington Village – the haunt of artists and medicos – is just down the road.
– Put “19A Bertram St, Darlington” into YouTube to see a video of our home, with lots more photos. 🙂
Inspections: Sun 21 & Sun 28 Nov plus Sat 4 & Sun 5 December. 10am-2pm each day.